Schwartz’s Puff Pastries
Here is a canapé idea to get you started on the right foot; third in the series: Schwartz’s Puff Pastries.
- Frozen puff pastries (12)
- 1 lb Schwartz’s smoked meat, chopped
- 2 cups sliced sautéed mushrooms
- 2 large caramelized spanish onions (slice onions and cook over low heat with butter for 20 minutes)
- 2 cups grated Swiss/ Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup peas
Cook your puff pastries as directed.
The last 2 minutes, remove from oven and place cheese in shells, returning to oven to melt.
Sauté your mushrooms in butter, deglazing with white wine.
Remove puff pastries from oven and place on a platter.
Fill with smoked meat, caramelized onion, mushrooms and peas.
Serve immediately with a Pinot Noir or Pinot Grigio and a dash of dijon.
It’s not too late to order your smoked turkeys from Frank. Just call. They are also great at midnight on NYE or for lunch on the 1st. I place mine in a bath of apple or orange juice and covered to steam at 300.
Anastasia Nakis and The Schwartz’s Family